The new up! from Volkswagen is a front-engined and front-wheel drive three door mini car positioned below the Vivo.
At 3,540 mm in length and 1,641 in width, the up! is one of the smallest four-seater cars on the market.
From its small 999 cc capacity, the up! engine develops peak power of 55 kW at 6 200 rpm, and maximum torque of 95 Nm from 3 000 to 4 300 rpm.
This engine returns a combined fuel consumption of 4.7 litres per 100km while emitting 108 g/km of carbon dioxide.
The aluminium five-speed gearbox in the up! was specially tuned for the its three-cylinder petrol engine.
This derivative has the following standard features:
- ABS anti-lock brakes with Hydraulic Brake Assist
- driver and front passenger airbags, plus front side head/thorax airbags
- two rear three-point seatbelts and height-adjustable head restraints
- warning buzzer for front and rear seats if belt unfastened
- ISOFIX fixtures and top-tether fittings for mounting suitable child seats in the rear
- height adjustable steering wheel
- manually adjustable door mirrors
- manual air conditioner
- daytime running lights
- rear windscreen wiper
- two rear seats with one-piece folding backrest
- 14-inch steel wheels with 165/70 R14 tyres
Two trim levels
In addition to the features on the Take up! model, the Move up! gains the following:
- body-coloured door mirrors and handles
- inside door handles in chrome
- driver and passenger seat height adjustment
- easy entry sliding seats for easy access to rear seats
- front electric windows
- electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors
- remote central locking
- Radio/CD with MP3 and two loudspeakers
- split folding rear seat backrest (60:40)
Volkswagen up! is available in six colours, namely Candy White, Mayan Blue, Sunflower Yellow, Tornado Red, Light Silver Metallic and Deep Black Pearlescent.
Retail Prices (VAT and emissions tax included)
1.0 MPI Take up! (55kW) R133 500
1.0 MPI Move up! (55kW) R140 500
Warranty and Service
Volkswagen up! comes standard with a 3 year/ 120 000 km manufacturer warranty, a 12 year anti-corrosion warranty and 15 000 km service intervals.